The Information Technology Division is a community of disciples who are passionate about using information technology (IT) to connect the remotest parts of the earth to Jesus Christ.
Our technical specialists work to advance the kingdom of God among unreached people groups by supporting our aviation programs and the day-to-day systems that keep MAF running.
The Information Technology Division has technical positions that fulfill several roles, both on the field and at the U.S. headquarters—providing support for servers, networks, internet and security, as well as technical flight support that keeps MAF planes in the air. MAF also employs local tech specialists at its overseas locations, and provides technical training and spiritual discipleship.
Information Technology keeps whole IT systems functioning and provides PC and phone support for both headquarters and overseas staff. In-country technical staff also provide IT and internet support to orphanages, hospitals, mission partners, and MAF missionaries, ensuring that they have the technical tools they need to build the kingdom of God.
All candidates must meet the following personal qualifications. Couples applying to MAF must individually meet these qualifications.
- Committed relationship with Jesus Christ and affirmation of spiritual maturity by others
- A desire to be part of fulfilling the Great Commission Willingness to raise prayer and financial support
- 12 hours of college-level Bible course or equivalent
- Active in a local church or ministry for at least two years
- CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent
- Two-year college degree from an accredited college or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CompTIA Network+ Certification or CCNA or equivalent and Windows Server MCP certifications will be required after acceptance to MAF
Current Information Technology Needs
Field I.T. Support Specialist
Africa Region (3), Headquarters (2), Latin America Region (2), Eurasia (2)